DEMYSTIFYING WINE WITH TAILOR-MADE TASTING EXPERIENCES
Vinspiration aims to demystify the world of wine in a unique, insightful and enlightening way.
Vinspiration is the brainchild of Andi Davison, a committed teacher with a passion for wine education. In 2016 Andi made the life-altering decision to dive headfirst into the wine industry, turning her enthusiasm into her vocation.
Andi has created Vinspiration to share her expertise with anyone who wants to learn about this enchanting subject. Develop your tastebuds to appreciate what is in your glass, live the dream making wine at home, or pick up some extra marks in your oenology studies with some private tuition. Whatever your path, be Vinspired!
Private Tasting Events
Elevate your soiree, with an entertaining evening of wine appreciation hosted by Andi.
90-120min Packages include:
- Introductory wine trivia – sip on some bubbles whilst showing off your wine knowledge; find out something new or be amazed by how much wine the Aussie population can imbibe
- Flavour Bingo – fill out your card for a full house wins a full bottle
- Tasting hints and tips – learn how to glean the most information from your glass
- Interactive guided tasting of six premium wines
- Blind tasting – test your new skills and identify the varietals in two mystery bottles. Can any of your guests take it further and guess the wine region, age or price-point to win a prize?
Choice of wine tasting themes:
- Introduction to wine tasting
- Quintessential Yarra Valley
- New World verses Old World wines
- All that sparkles isn’t Champers
Online options are also available. Please get in touch to discuss your next event!
Take your team on a journey to demystify the world of wine with our tailored wine tasting experiences, for an entertaining and unique social event.
Our corporate tasting workshops are engaging and fun experiences with a hint of competition and prizes to be won.
We have multiple courses and options available so please get in touch with your requirements and we will be able to customise a package especially for you.
“Not having been born into this industry, it is my passion, hard work and determination that fuel my expertise. I want to offer an easily accessible, fun and engaging wine education for all.”
- Perpetual student
- Over 15 years’ teaching experience
- Bachelor of Science and Bachelor of Agriculture degrees
- Ph.D in Biochemistry
- WSET 1-3
Experience in all aspects of the wine industry from the vineyard to the cellar door. Andi is especially interested in Wine Chemistry.
Andi and her husband Phil launched their wine label, Pip & Ra Wine in 2019. She has worked in prestigeous wineries in both Australia and the UK.
In 2008 Andi was awarded her Ph.D in Biochemistry entitled ‘The X-ray crystal structure of porphobilinogen deaminase from Arabidopsis thaliana to 1.5 Angstroms resolution’
In Layman’s terms, she discovered the structure of a plant protein essential in photosynthesis
With over 15 years of Science teaching experience in Australia and the UK, Andi is dedicated to imparting knowledge in a dynamic and engaging way.
World wines hold a special fascination for Andi, and she has achieved WSET levels 1-3 in Wine Appreciation. She is hoping to begin studying for her WSET Diploma soon.
What people are saying
Under the Liquor Control Reform Act 1988 it is an offence
- To supply alcohol to a person under 18 years of age (Penalty exceeds $17,000)
- For a person under the age of 18 to purchase or receive liquor (Penalty exceeds $700)
VCGLR Licence No. 36164200